I love Valentine’s Day! Not because it’s just another opportunity to get a gift from my sweetie, but because of all the cutesy decorations, school parties, and fun heart-shaped treats! It’s a chance for me to really love on my babies – more than normal! I have been collecting ideas on my pinterest board for YEARS now, and I’m getting it all organized here to help those of you who need a little inspiration this February 14th!
Candy Valentine Ideas
Don’t just resort to buying boxed valentines. Instead, consider making some of your own for your kids, or even just for you to pass out to your friends, family, and/or coworkers!
Non-Candy Valentine Ideas
With all the goodies that kids get for Valentine’s Day, it’s kind of nice when they get little trinkets instead of sweets. Here are some cute ideas to get your creative juices flowing.
I’m not much of a reader, but when I DO read, it’s going to be something worthwhile. For me, the books I choose to read for fun are those that can’t help me in some way – whether it’s financially, spiritually, or just to learn a new skill. So the following resources are ones I’d personally recommend, this coming from a person who doesn’t choose just any book! *wink*
Momma Wren’s recommendations…
- The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey: BeLIEVE me! You NEED this for a good marriage. Get on a written budget, pay in cash using the envelope system, get out of debt, so you can “live and give like no one else!” ~Dave Ramsey
- The Love Dare by Alex and Stephen Kendrick: This is a great book for both husbands and wives to work through separately or even together. See it in action in the movie “Fireproof” starring Kirk Cameron.
- Created to be His Help Meet by Debi Pearl: This is for wives only and will completely transform your life!
- The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian: This is another great book just for wives that I would highly recommend! It’s actually a devotional – making it a wonderful addition to your quiet time!
- 40 Unforgettable Dates with your Mate by Dr. Gary & Barbara Rosberg: There are some really neat ideas in this book as well as helpful reminders to meet the love needs of your spouse. And speaking of love needs….
- The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts by Gary Chapman: Oh. My. Goodness. This book has been a HUGE eye-opener and blessing in our marriage. I have learned some very interesting things about my hubby that have helped me understand how he feels loved. If you’re looking for a great book for this Valentine’s Day, definitely snag this one!
- 52 Things Wives Need from their Husbands by Jay Payleitner: A book for husbands designed to help them get to know their wives more. It talks about asking her questions to see what she likes and studying her. When I asked my hubby what book he’d recommend for this list, he suggested this one right away!
Gift Ideas to Buy
All the following gifts can be easily snagged at Amazon, and if you have Prime, you’ll get them shipped for free in just two days. Wow, amazing! These are gifts that I’d highly recommend because either I’ve purchased them and totally LOVE them, or they are just perfect for Valentine’s Day!
Gift Ideas to Make
I love handmade gifts, but I very rarely receive them, because I’m the one that’s usually don’t the “making.” These ideas are great for people who need cute, fast, and personalized gifts for their spouse, their kids’ grandparents, teachers, etc. My personal favorite is the personalized embroidery hoop. I may just whip this up for my hubby! <3
Valentine’s Day Activities
Here are some creative and fun ideas to do either at home or, if you have to plan a party, at school! You could even incorporate all of them this February 14th if you wanted to. Most of all I love the idea of making homemade, heart-shaped pizzas with heart-shaped pepperoni. Too cute! I think I will definitely be making hearts with messages on it for my kiddos – maybe even my hubby, too!
So there you have it. A collection of fun and exciting ideas to ensure this Valentine’s Day goes off without a hitch, and all those special people in your life feel the LOVE!