Let’s start by talking about my online presence and my social media following…Here are my Momma Wren social media accounts and the followers I had as of Jan. 1, 2017:
- Facebook: 735
- Twitter: 23
- Instagram: 146
- Pinterest: 1,103
- Facebook: My Momma Wren FB page used to be a different name, so I already had 700+ followers. I had neglected this page for quite some time, but now I try to post something at least once or twice a week.
- Twitter: I’m so very terrible at Twitter, and never really got into it. However, I’ve had my account for a few years now, so I downloaded the app and now I can send out a tweet in about 30 seconds. 🙂 Become my follower, Momma Wren @jenny_minard and show some love. 😉
- Instagram: I’m an insta-junkie! I love IG! I’m a photographer, so naturally, I’m going to love any social media outlet that focuses on images. With the app, it’s so easy to take a snapshot, do a quick edit, add a short caption and then post it. My account was mostly personal up until this month, so now I link to this blog. But I still post a lot of personal stuff. Search for “momma_wren” and follow me today! <3
- Pinterest: Don’t even get me started… I’m not sure what I did with all my free time before Pinterest – hehe! Right now, I have thousands of pins and numerous boards. Here is my profile page! I get on every single day and pin, so I’m definitely not falling behind on this one, and I post to probably 5-10 boards every day!
Page ViewsLike I said before, there are a million things to know and do when it comes to blogging, and four serious months in, I’ve already made tons of mistakes. One was not setting up my blog to be able to view page views. Page views are important because it tells you how many times certain posts or pages are being seen per day. Momma Wren is a WordPress blog, and the neat thing about it is that it comes with a program called Jetpack. Actually, Jetpack is a plugin that you have to activate before being able to see the results. It works to connect your blog to WordPress’s amazing infrastructure so that you can see detailed stats. I had no idea that in order to see my blog’s analytics, I needed to install and run this plugin – no clue at all. I’m kicking myself now! With Jetpack powered up, I can see how many views I’m getting which will help me keep track of my traffic. Here is a screenshot I took just today: Obviously, the numbers aren’t very good, but I’m just gettin’ started, y’all! It’s kind of exciting starting at ZERO and working my way up. The good news is that the numbers are increasing every day. Also, just so you understand, the dates before January 9th don’t mean I had zero page views. January 9th was the day I activated Jetpack, so there’s not any information before that. Bummer, I know…
Blog Posts I Published from September to December (2016)I definitely wanted to have a ton more content than what is listed – like, by a long shot. The plan was to post something every single day, but the realities of life got the best of me, and I became overwhelmed. It was actually useful that I stepped back, though. It helped me to dream big, think hard, and pray daily for guidance in this venture. So although I didn’t write as much as I’d planned, my hope is to try and get a minimum of 1-2 posts published per week in 2017. September 2016 Posts Published: 4
- How to Have the BEST Family Fun Night
- Tea Party Birthday Ideas
- Pinterest Round-Up: Photo Wall Arrangements
- Eight Awesome Games for Families
Leave a Reply