Welcome to Challenge A!
My name is Jenny Minard, and I’m going to be your child’s director this year. Woohoo! Not only am I a brand-new challenge director, but this is also the first year I have a child in the program. #heylincoln So exciting!
The following videos contain a lot of the information you will need to kick-start your challenge year, but be aware that we may build on this throughout the year. As a newbie, I’m still learning and constantly have questions, but if you can direct your questions to me, I can seek out the answers from those more experienced than myself! Thanks for understanding and being super patient with me.
One quick note…
Our guides will be in soon and I will be giving them to your children on our first community day on the 15th, but please be aware that I am not supposed to hand them out unless first semester’s tuition has been paid! That total is $905 and should be given directly to me.
Thanks so much!
Now, onto the videos…
Going through the guide…
- Read the articles at the beginning. So good!!
- Semester snapshot – so helpful (ex. Science Fair)
- Weekly lessons, at home vs. in community
- Appendices are da BOMB! Reference these often
- Briefly explaining the Logic (math) strand
- Feel free to rewatch this video once you have your guide
- Tailoring the lessons. So important!
What to bring to class…
- Logic: CORRECTION!! Kids don’t need to bring their math text! Just an example of ONE math problem they worked on this week.
- Grammar: Henle Latin text (blue), Henle Latin grammar (purple), Latin workspace A. The Seton Latin key!
- Research: Bullet journal (I will provide this), pencils, pens, colored pencils
- Exposition: “The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe” and The Lost Tools of Writing student textbook. NO teacher guide!
- Debate: Exploring the World Through Cartography
- Bible, lunch, water bottle, and any snacks you might like. HOWEVER, on our first day, please bring some money as our whole group will be eating out!
My Technology Policy
- My expectations
- My cell: (319) 750-9444
- My email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ozzie = cute distraction (but hopefully not) 😉
- My CC story!
- Ask me ALL the questions